Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin (PMAYG) 2020 is a housing scheme introduced by the central government to provide its own house to landless citizens of India.
- 1 PMAY(G) NIC in beneficiary registration 2020
- 1.1 Check the beneficiary status through PMAY(G) list 2020
PMAY(G) NIC in beneficiary registration 2020
The main motto behind PMAYG is “Housing for all”. By 8 july 2020, 1.03 crores of houses are sanctioned under PMAY(G) scheme successfully. The duty of house allocation is assigned to respective state government administrators. Formerly this scheme is known as Indira Awas Yojana (IAY).
Eligibility for Availing house from PMAY(G)
According to SECC (Socio-Economic and Caste Census) data Indian citizens can avail this PMAY(G) scheme if they fulfill following beneficiary eligibility criteria.
- Family should not own a house or if they are living in a house with a kutcha wall and roof with one room in it.
- Families whose only income source is daily labor and belongs to Scheduled Caste (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST) and other minorities.
- A family without a literate member of age above 25 years and not paying any professional income tax.
- House without any male or female member of age between 16 to 59 years.
- If a person from a family is holding Kisan credit with a limit of 50,000 or more is not eligible to apply for this scheme.
- There shouldn’t be any connection to the landline or refrigerator owned by the family.
- Any government employee from a family is earning more than 10,000 is excluded from this scheme.
- If anyone from the house is motorized with two-wheeler or four-wheeler then that family cannot be listed as Eligible one for PMAY(G) scheme.
Apply for PMAY(G) Scheme
Keep ready with the required documents from the list given below before applying for PMAY(G)
- Aadhar card
- Bank Account Passbook
- Salary certificate or Income certificate
- Ethnic group certificate
- Swachh Bharat Mission registration details
- Any other documents to verify the Aadhar details
- MENREGE-job registered card or card number
One can visit Gram panchayat office or can contact allocated ward members for the area to apply for PMAY(G). Also, can clear any application related doubts from the panchayat office and one can avail the assistance of a third person to fill the required details. Details need to be filled in four categories as mentioned below.
- Personal details
- Bank account details
- Convergence details
- Details from the respective office
Double check the details before clicking on the Submit button. Collect the application or registration number for future reference.
Check the beneficiary status through PMAY(G) list 2020
The Central Government has released a list of eligible beneficiaries for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojan-Gramin (APYG). One can know their application status by finding their details in this list with the help of registration number provided during the initial registration process.
- Visit the official PMAY(G) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin site from any browser.
- Go to the ‘Stakeholders’ option on the main menu bar of the page.
- Now from the dropdown values select ‘IAY/PMAYG Beneficiary’ option.
- As a next step one will provide their registration number in the field given and click on the submit button.
- In case of losing registration number no need to worry, Go to advanced search option on the same page.
- Through the sorting options, select your state, District, Mandal, Panchayat and village details.
- Click on the search option after filling required information.
- One can see their name and other details in this list if you are eligible for PMAY(G) Scheme.
- If you are a member of PMAY(G) scheme, then details about further processes will be available on the same page.
Other key features of PMAY(G) Scheme 2020
- In 2020 the central Government has increased the minimum size of the sanctioned houses under PMAY(G) from 20 sq.mt to 25 sq.mt.
- Both the central Government and state Government will be involved in the PMAY(G) scheme by paying 60:40 ratio of funds for plain areas and 90:10 ratio for hilly areas.
- In total, the total subsidy that one receives under the PMAY(G) scheme is 1.20 lakhs for plain areas and 1.30 lakhs for houses sanctioned in hilly areas.
- For beneficiaries from Union territories like Jammu and Kashmir, UT from Ladakh Government is assisting with entire financial assistance for constructing houses.
- Eligible beneficiaries receive this financial support from the Government directly deposited into their post office bank account that are linked to Aadhar numbers.
- One can also opt for 70,000 rupees of loan sanction from the Government at subsidy interest rates as additional financial support for house construction.
- For the construction of houses under PMAY(G) should use Geo-climatic and socio-economic material only.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin (PMAYG) aims at the destination of ‘House for all by 2020’. The PMAY(G) scheme is introduced as a replacement of existing Indira Awas Yojana (IAY) with some additional features added to it. Key features of the PMAY(G) scheme is to provide a house for everyone in rural areas with all basic requirements needed. Government instructed to construct houses with strong base materials, and it should be disaster resilient.
1.How Can I enroll for PMAYG scheme?
Visit the official website of PMAY(G) i.e.pmayg.nic.in and enroll by following the instructions mentioned in this article.
2.What is a kutcha house or kutcha roof?
If walls of a house are constructed using ancient methods like by stuffing grass with mud or with bamboo or unburnt bricks or polyurethane material or stone packed with mortar, houses are known as kutcha houses according to PMAY(G).
Yes, one can note down the following contact details to complain or query about the PMAY(G) scheme by time.
Helpline number (Toll Free): 1800-11-6446
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website: pmayg.nic.in